After you get your fill of the annual Missoula St. Patrick’s Day Parade this Saturday, head over to The Rhino where they’re closing down Ryman Street and hosting a collection of “big” beers for your drinking enjoyment.
The Big Beer Fest takes place on Ryman Street between Front and Main streets on Saturday, March 15 from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Twenty unique strong ales and barleywines (all with a minimum of 7% abv) will be available. The event is free to attend, but 7 oz pours will cost you $3 each. It’s a good one to have a designated driver lined up in advance.
This Saturday is an excellent opportunity to take advantage of a variety of St. Patrick’s Day themed events in Missoula. Run Wild Missoula’s Run For the Luck of It 5K and 7 Mile race begins at 8:45 a.m. in front of Sean Kelly’s, a sponsor of the event. Among other goodies, all 21+ entrants receive a free Highlander Beer from Missoula Brewing Company. Online registration is available here.
Missoula’s 34th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade starts at Noon and travels Higgins Avenue from Broadway to Beckwith. You’ll have plenty of time to enjoy the parade before ambling over to The Rhino for the Big Beer Fest. The Rhino is at 158 Ryman St. in Missoula.
Ryan over at Montana Beer Finder managed to secure the list of beers. As I promised him, I’m stealing the list and placing it below
once the slow-poke has his post up.:
- Bayern – Bad Santa Eisebock 2014 – 12% ABV
- Big Sky Brewing – Hound Dog Barrel Aged Powder Hound – 8.3% ABV
- Big Sky Brewing – Ivan the Terrible Barrel Aged Imperial Stout 2013 – 13.8%
- Big Sky Brewing – Power Wagon Wheat Wine – 11% ABV
- Brasserie de Silly – Scotch Silly Scotch Ale 2013 – 8% ABV
- Deschutes – Black Butte XXV Anniversary Porter – 11.3% ABV
- Deschutes – Class of ’88 Imperial Smoked Porter – 9.1% ABV
- Elysian – Dragonstooth Barrel Aged Oatmeal Stout – 9% ABV
- Green Flash – Imperial IPA – 9.4%
- Kettle House – Brick and Mortar Imperial Porter – 10% ABV
- Samuel Adams – Dark Depths Baltic IPA – 7.6% ABV
- Samuel Adams – Griffins Bow Oaked Blonde Barleywine – 10% ABV
- Samuel Adams – New World Tripel – 10% ABV
- Samuel Adams – Third Voyage Double IPA – 8% ABV
- Sierra Nevada – Bigfoot Barleywine – 9.6% ABV
- Sierra Nevada – Narwhal Imperial Stout – 10.2% ABV
- Sierra Nevada – Ovila Abbey Quad – 10.2% ABV
- Sierra Nevada – Ovila Belgian Style Abbey Quad – 10.7% ABV
- Troubadour Magma – Galaxy Belgian IPA 2013 – 9% ABV
- Widmer – Kill Devil Brown Ale 2013 – 9.5% ABV