Deschutes Brewery has long been one of my favorites. It wasn’t the first craft beer I tried, but I can trace my craft beer epiphany back to a few pints of Black Butte Porter on nitro in Helena, MT somewhere around ’97. Several years of The Abyss feature prominently in my beer cellar. I’m still cursing my inept failure to put away more bottles of Black Butte XXI.
Deschutes brought its Base Camp to Missoula beginning yesterday and there are plenty more events scheduled through Saturday:
- Wed, 10/10, 11am-2pm: Lunch with a Deschutes Brewer (Iron Horse Brew Pub)
- Wed, 10/10, 3-5pm: Fresh Hop Beer Release & Meet the Brewer (Worden’s Market & Deli)
- Wed, 10/10, 6:30-9pm: Hats Off to Homebrewers (Union Club Bar)
- Thurs, 10/11, 2-5pm: Fresh Hop Release & Meet the Brewer (Orange St. Food Farm)
- Thurs, 10/11: Deschutes Brewery Base Camp Beer Dinner (Caffe Dolce)
- Thurs, 10/11, 7pm-12am: Deschutes Brewery Base Camp Pint Night (The Rhino)
- Thurs, 10/11, 9pm-12am: Beer-lesque: Tastings and Tassels (Top Hat)
- Fri, 10/12, 2-5pm: Deschutes Brewery Fresh Hop Release (Pattee Creek Market)
- Fri, 10/12, 7-10pm: Montana Wine & Beer Festival (UM Adam’s Center)
- Sat, 10/13, 11am-1:30pm: Woody Tailgate (Washington-Grizzly Stadium)
Ryan has all the details over at MontanaBeerFinder.com. You may have spotted Ryan at the industry bowling event last night. Stop and say hello if you happen to see us at one of the events.